Salt Lake Temple
50 West North Temple Street
Salt Lake City, Utah
Plans to construct the temple were announced 28 July 1847. Brigham Young, president of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints from 1847 to 1877, broke ground 14 February 1853, and Wilford Woodruff, Church president from 1889 to 1898, dedicated the Salt Lake Temple 6 April 1893. The temple serves Latter-day Saints in Salt Lake City, Tooele and eastern Nevada.
The 382,207-square-foot temple’s exterior is granite from Little Cottonwood Canyon in the mountains above Salt Lake City.
Currently, there are 30 temples in various stages of construction, renovation or recently announced throughout the world.
Visit MormonTemples.org for additional information.