It's the primary job of Mormon Newsroom to deliver facts, statistics, background information, video and audio — and especially context — to journalists reporting on The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Newsroom has become a key stopping-off point for everything from a quick fact check to a deeper understanding of Church beliefs and practice.
Whether you are a journalist, a blogger, a leader in another church, staff to a member of Congress or simply an interested observer, MormonNewsroom.org is a valuable — and official — resource providing news stories, commentary and insights about issues of public interest in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
To help you quickly find answers to your questions, the following MormonNewsroom.org content may be especially helpful:
- Mormonism 101: This series of answers to frequently asked questions about the Church’s teachings helps further illuminate what Latter-day Saints believe.
- Humanitarian Aid and Welfare Services Basics: How Donations and Resources Are Used: This page provides background and context to the Church’s humanitarian aid and welfare services efforts, and also includes a breakdown of how Church income is spent.
- What to Expect at Church Services: This page includes video of our weekly Sunday worship services. We also feature a bishop (like a pastor) talking about these weekly services, which include the sacrament (similar to receiving communion) and its central focus on Jesus Christ.
- Lay Leadership: Volunteer Ministry of the Church: This page explains how local congregations are organized with unpaid volunteer members.
- Temples: Temples are not regular places of Sunday worship for Mormons. They are quite different from the thousands of regular chapels or meetinghouses all over the world that are used for Sunday services. Take a video tour of the inside and outside of Mormon temples.
- Commentaries: The purpose of commentaries on MormonNewsroom.org is to deepen conversations surrounding the Church and to explain and contextualize Latter-day Saint teachings and practices.
- Political Neutrality: This longstanding statement of policy makes it clear that the Church’s mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ, not to elect politicians.
- The Church and Its Financial Independence: This page explains that the key to understanding the Church is to see it not as a worldwide corporation but as millions of faithful members in thousands of congregations across the world following Christ and caring for each other and their neighbors.