General conferences of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints take place every six months, originating in the 21,000-seat Conference Center in Salt Lake City and reaching a global audience estimated to be in the millions. The proceedings are available in multiple languages via television, radio, satellite and Internet broadcasts. Five sessions of the conference will be held Saturday and Sunday, 6-7 October 2012, in the Conference Center in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Information regarding the conference will be updated on this page throughout the weekend. See the links below for news releases, blog posts and photos covering the conference.
- PHOTOS: Speakers from the 182nd Semiannual General Conference
- NEWS RELEASE: Church Lowers Age Requirement for Missionary Service
- NEWS RELEASE: Church Announces New Temples in Arizona and Peru
- NEWS RELEASE: General Authority Releases Announced at General Conference
- INFOGRAPHIC: Mormon Leaders Speak
- NEWS RELEASE: Church's 182nd Semiannual General Conference Approaches
- BACKGROUND: What Is General Conference?
- COMMENTARY: General Conference Is Personal
- BLOG: “On Faith” Blog: Mormons and General Conference