Hamilton New Zealand Temple

Additional Resource

Hamilton New Zealand Temple

509 Tuhikaramea Road
Temple View
Hamilton 3218
New Zealand

Plans to construct the temple were announced 17 February 1955, Church leaders broke ground 21 December 1955, and David O. McKay, president of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints from 1951 to 1970, dedicated the Hamilton New Zealand Temple 20 April 1958. The temple serves Latter-day Saints in New Zealand and the Cook Islands.

The 42,304-square-foot temple’s exterior is reinforced concrete block.

Currently, there are more than 20 temples in various stages of construction or have been announced throughout the world.

Visit MormonTemples.org for additional information.

Hamilton New Zealand Temple

Temples

Why Mormons Build Temples

Style Guide Note:When reporting about The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, please use the complete name of the Church in the first reference. For more information on the use of the name of the Church, go to our online Style Guide.