Additional Resource

Bern Switzerland Temple

Bern Switzerland Temple

Templestrasse 2
Zollikofen, Switzerland

David O. McKay, president of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints from 1951 to 1970, selected the seven acres for the Bern Switzerland Temple in 1952. Church leaders broke ground in 1953, and President McKay dedicated the temple in 1955. After 37 years the temple was remodeled and Gordon B. Hinckley, then a counselor in the First Presidency of the Church, rededicated the temple 23-25 October 1992. The temple serves Latter-day Saints in Switzerland, Albania, Austria, France, Italy and Israel (for expatriates).

The exterior of the 39,063-square-foot temple is reinforced concrete with a gray terra cotta facing trimmed in white.

Currently, there are more than 20 temples in various stages of construction or have been announced throughout the world.

Visit MormonTemples.org for additional information.

Bern Switzerland Temple

Temples

Why Mormons Build Temples

Style Guide Note:When reporting about The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, please use the complete name of the Church in the first reference. For more information on the use of the name of the Church, go to our online Style Guide.