Manti Utah Temple
Plans to construct the temple were announced 25 June 1875, Brigham Young, president of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, broke ground 25 April 1877, and Wilford Woodruff, then president of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, dedicated the Manti Utah Temple 21 May 1888. In June 1985, President Gordon B. Hinckley, then a member of the Church's First Presidency, rededicated the temple following renovation. The temple serves Latter-day Saints in central Utah.
The 74,792-square-foot temple’s exterior is cream-colored oolite limestone from quarries on which the temple is built.
Currently, there are 30 temples in various stages of construction, renovation or recently announced throughout the world.
Visit MormonTemples.org for additional information.