Logan Utah Temple
175 North 300 East
Plans to construct the temple were announced 6 October 1876, Church leaders broke ground 18 May 1877, and John Taylor, president of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints from 1880 to 1887, dedicated the Logan Utah Temple 17 May 1884. The temple serves Latter-day Saints in northern Utah and southeastern Idaho. Since the first dedication the temple has been renovated. President Spencer W. Kimball rededicated the temple 13 March 1979.
The exterior of the 115,507-square-foot temple is mainly dark-colored, siliceous limestone. Buff-colored limestone was used for intricate shaping because it could be carved more easily.
Currently, there are more than 20 temples in various stages of construction or have been announced throughout the world.
Visit MormonTemples.org for additional information.