Jordan River Utah Temple
10200 South 1300 West
South Jordan, Utah
Plans to construct the temple were announced 3 February 1978, Church leaders broke ground 9 June 1979, and President Marion G. Romney, a counselor in the First Presidency of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, dedicated the Jordan River Utah Temple 16 November 1981. The temple serves Latter-day Saints in the southern valley of Salt Lake County.
The 148,236-square-foot temple’s exterior is cast stone containing white marble chips.
Currently, there are 30 temples in various stages of construction, renovation or recently announced throughout the world.
Visit MormonTemples.org for additional information.