Idaho Falls Idaho Temple
1000 Memorial Drive
Idaho Falls, Idaho
Plans to construct the temple were announced 3 March 1937, Church leaders broke ground 19 December 1939, and George Albert Smith, president of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints from 1945 to 1951, dedicated the Idaho Falls Idaho Temple 23 September 1945. The temple serves Latter-day Saints in eastern Idaho and western Wyoming.
The 92,177-square-foot temple’s exterior is reinforced concrete with a mixture of white quartz aggregate and white cement called cast stone.
Currently, there are more than 20 temples in various stages of construction or have been announced throughout the world.
Visit MormonTemples.org for additional information.